- Frelinghuysen Forest Preserve hours are sunrise to sunset.
- Smoking is prohibited on all preserve property.
- Pets must be leashed at all times.
- All pet waste must be picked up and removed from the property.
- Littering is strictly prohibited—help keep our preserve clean!
- All trash must be carried out.
- Parking for the FFP North property is located at 139 Lincoln Laurel Road.
- Parking for the FFP South property is located on Lincoln Laurel Road opposite the FFP South sign.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited on grass or trails.
- Vehicles must be parked in designated area.
- Vehicles may not be parked in parking areas overnight.
- Alcohol is only permitted in designated areas of the preserve by permit only.
- Glass containers are not allowed.
Plants and Wildlife
- Collection of plants and animals is strictly prohibited. This includes harvesting firewood; collecting mushrooms, wildflowers or other wild plants and their seeds; and otherwise removing or damaging any plants or trees.
- Hunting or trapping is not allowed on any Frelinghuysen Forest Preserve property. Visitors may not kill, injure or otherwise disturb any animals or their nests.
- Feeding of wildlife is strictly prohibited.
Firearms and Weapons
- Firearms and other weapons are not allowed on Frelinghuysen Forest Preserve property.
Archaeology, Salvage and Physical Property
- Any and all historic or prehistoric ruins found in the Frelinghuysen Forest Preserve are the property of Frelinghuysen Township and may not be removed without consent.
- Metal detecting is prohibited.
- Patrons may not alter, deface, damage or otherwise change any monuments, either natural or manmade, within the Frelinghuysen Forest Preserve property.
- Swimming in any natural body of water is prohibited.
- Non-motorized boating is allowed in the two large ponds on the FFP property.
- Boating is prohibited in all vernal (seasonal) ponds.
- Model airplane flying is prohibited.
- Vendors must obtain a permit to enter the preserve property.
- Patrons may not post advertisements on the preserve property.